1. Types of Information We Collect Personal Information: Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify a specific individual. We collect the following types of Personal Information: Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Hipstripes. Financial Account Information as needed to process payments for our merchandise that you buy, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number. Aggregate and Anonymous Data: Aggregate and anonymous data is information that does not identify you specifically, including data collected automatically through the operation of the Site (“AA Data”).
2. How We Collect Personal Information We may obtain your Personal Information when you shop at our Site. We may also obtain your Personal Information if you choose to vote for Hipstripes messages and colors, or request Hipstripes information or updates.
4. When and Why We Disclose Personal Information We will not sell, license or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to: Affiliated companies who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above; Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our agreements with them; and To effect a merger, acquisition, or to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
7. Your Choices You can limit the information you provide to us, and you can limit the communications that you receive from us. You can manage your email preferences by logging into your account through the Site or by following the opt-out instructions in the emails that we may send you. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp or http://preferences.truste.com/truste/. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, email us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
10. Children Federal law requires us to take special steps to safeguard children’s privacy, mandating that web sites directed at children under 13 follow certain requirements when collecting information on these children. Hipstripes.com is not directed at children under 13, and does not consciously collect any Personal Information from children under 13. We request that children under 13 not submit any Personal Information.
12. Applicable Law We control and operate this Site from the United States. The Site is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Please note that we do not represent or warrant that the Site is appropriate for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so at their own initiative and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.